REGISTER    LOGIN   Home   Brochure Request   Special Wine Requests   facebook

Villa Pozzi Cabernet Sauvignon

Intense and inky red; complex and concentrated mixture of licorice and cassis with a dash of chocolate and mint gently supported by vanilla oak characteristics on the nose. On the palate, opaque plum flavors in addition to a stunningly sweet bouquet of ground pepper, blackberry liqueur, and subtle toasty oak. Surprising nuances, full body, great purity, and an opulent, super-concentrated mid-palate finish emerge from this fresh and well delineated red. Enjoy with grilled meats and a wide variety of cheeses.
$14.00 / Bottle   $168.00 / Case
SALE $6.99 / Bottle   $83.88 / Case

Additional Information

Daniele Pozzi, a fourth-generation winemaker, is director of Villa Pozzi winery. Villa Pozzi's vineyards are located in the hills surrounding Marsala, Salemi and Mazzara del Vallo, in the western part of Sicily. These vineyards are ideally situated at 1300 feet above sea level. The soil is clay with extremely good water retention. Vines are planted espalier and they are kept shorter than usual in order to protect them from the wind.

The grapes for this wine were hand-picked in the early morning and late evening at peak ripeness. After harvesting, the fruit was quickly brought to the winery in Marsala. The fruit is sorted and gently pressed. The combination of juice and skins is refrigerated at 62??F and then sent to fermentation vats. A long period of maceration was undertaken, lasting 15-20 days. The wine is finished with 20% of the product aging in oak barrels and the remaining 80% in stainless steel vats.